WELCOME TO ELSIE POODLE
The donation for Elsie is £400 this goes towards our increasing vet bills.
Hello there, my name is Elsie Poodle. I’ve just moved to West Yorkshire Dog Rescue to get some bravery training and look for a new family… could you help me?
I am 3 years old and have been a mum my whole life… now I am ready to start a new life!
I’ve only been with my Foster Mum for a month but I have been working really hard at being brave. I am very shy, especially of people and if I get scared my instinct is to run away…. And I keep running very fast until I get tired! When I get to know you though, I am playful and love to play fetch with a ball or go on a long walk.
I am happy to see other dogs and like to play ball with them. I am ok with cats, but they don’t really play fetch… I don’t know why??
I have been practicing pooping outside, and my foster mum says I am almost perfect! Only a few little accidents, but I will keep trying to get better.
I have also been practicing with a lead. I don’t like it much and will try to chew my lead when you’re not looking, but since my foster mum got me a new lead, I can’t do that anymore. I have learned to walk nicely, but if other people get too close, I have to dance about so they don’t get too close.
I am not perfect, and I still have a lot to learn about the world and all the scary things out there, but I am fun and affectionate and loving. Do you think you could love me?
· I am not suitable to rehome with children under 12. Preferably an adult only home.
· I will require a VERY secure garden to play in, away from busy roads as I will run away if I am scared.
· I am walking a lot better on a lead and with a harness, so I will need someone who is dedicated to continue my training.
· I LOVE to play with a ball, and can spend hours playing fetch, but is also very nervous and can bolt if startled.
· I will require patience and dedication to my ongoing training.
· I can be left for short periods of time if there is another dog in the home that I like, but preferably I will need a human who is home most of the time
· I am very good with other dogs, but can bark a welcome on occasion at people. I don’t like too many people, so would be happier with only a few visitors.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A HOME
- COUNTRYSIDE LOCATION where this dog can get a lot of walking away from roads and the noise of heavy traffic
- No young children - please don't apply as this dog has no experience of children
- patient owners, someone with the ability to cope who has the time and patience for this dog
- Another neutered dog for company
- A securely fenced garden
- Lifestyle & Financial Security
Elsie will only be rehomed a 100 mile radius from West Yorkshire
I am friendly and happy around other dogs
I can be left happily for short periods
I require a lot of exercise and ideally a countryside location
I would benefit from reward based training
Adult home prefered
I like to cuddle up with you on the sofa