WELCOME TO ELSIE POODLE
The donation for Elsie is £400
Hello there, my name is Elsie Poodle. I’ve just moved to West Yorkshire Dog Rescue to get some bravery training and look for a new family… could you help me?
I am 3 years old and have been a mum my whole life… now I am ready to start a new life!
I’ve only been with my Foster Mum for a month but I have been working really hard at being brave. I am very shy, especially of people and if I get scared my instinct is to run away…. And I keep running very fast until I get tired! When I get to know you though, I am playful and love to play fetch with a ball or go on a long walk.
I am happy to see other dogs and like to play ball with them. I am ok with cats, but they don’t really play fetch… I don’t know why??
I have been practicing pooping outside, and my foster mum says I am almost perfect! Only a few little accidents, but I will keep trying to get better.
I have also been practicing with a lead. I don’t like it much and will try to chew my lead when you’re not looking, but since my foster mum got me a new lead, I can’t do that anymore. I have learned to walk nicely, but if other people get too close, I have to dance about so they don’t get too close.
I am not perfect, and I still have a lot to learn about the world and all the scary things out there, but I am fun and affectionate and loving. Do you think you could love me?
· I am not suitable to rehome with children, preferably an adult only home.
· I will require a VERY secure garden to play in, away from busy roads as I will run away if I am scared.
· I am walking a lot better on a lead and with a harness, so I will need someone who is dedicated to continue my training.
· I LOVE to play with a ball, and can spend hours playing fetch, but is also very nervous and can bolt if startled.
· I will require patience and dedication to my ongoing training.
· I can be left for short periods of time if there is another dog in the home that I like, but preferably I will need a human who is home most of the time
· I am very good with other dogs, but can bark a welcome on occasion at people. I don’t like too many people, so would be happier with only a few visitors.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A HOME
- COUNTRYSIDE LOCATION where this dog can get a lot of walking away from roads and the noise of heavy traffic
- No young children - please don't apply as this dog has no experience of children
- patient owners, someone with the ability to cope who has the time and patience for this dog
- Another neutered dog for company
- A securely fenced garden
- Lifestyle & Financial Security
Elsie will only be rehomed a 100 mile radius from West Yorkshire
I am friendly and happy around other dogs
I can be left happily for short periods
I require a lot of exercise and ideally a countryside location
I would benefit from reward based training
Adult home prefered
I like to cuddle up with you on the sofa